2009-10 Study of Innkeeping Operations and Finance - Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII) Bi-annual Industry Report
- The average size (number of guest rooms) B&B is 8.2.
- 44% is the median occupancy rate for B&Bs.
- The median average daily rate (ADR) for B&Bs is $150.
- 72% of B&Bs are run by couples.
- 79% of innkeepers live on site.
- The typical B&B has between 4 and 11 rooms, with 6 guest rooms or suites being the average.
- The average B&B has been open for 15 years.
- The average age of the oldest part of a B&B building is 107.
- 29% of B&Bs were in rural locations, 23% were urban, 5% suburban, and 43% were village.
- 94% of rooms have private baths.
- 36% have achieved an "historical designation" by a local, state or national historic preservation organization.
- 5,700 square feet is the average size for a B&B.
- 93% offer free high speed wireless Internet.
- Most B&Bs provide the following in common areas: internet, magazines, hot/cold beverages, board games, fireplace, refrigerator, newspapers, telephone, cookies/cakes/candies/fruit, fresh flowers and televisions.
- Most B&Bs provide the following in guest rooms: Internet, television, luxury bed/linens, premium branded toiletries, robes, fireplaces, magazines and jetted tubs.
The complete report is available from the Professional Association of Innkeepers International. 800-468-7244 or www.paii.org. For more information on Lodging Resources Partners and its services, please visit www.lodgingresources.com, call Helen Cook at 904-321-2210 or email HECook@lodgingresources.com.